- 1) Keep emails under control - read them/ file them/ slate them for follow up/ delete them
- 2) Control your phone - don't let it control you.
- 3) Make a list of things to do every day - Star the ones you must do before leaving office
- 4) Use the 80/20 rule - Get rid of the 80% of paperwork/ clothing/ filing that you don't need
- 5) Say my pleasure instead of no problem - it sounds so much nicer
- 6) Write a note to someone
- 7) Stick $20 a week in an envelope and forget about it - you'll have $1040 at the end of the year
- 8) Read a book
- 9) Take a course
- 10) Find someone to mentor
- 11) Listen - to your children/ employees /loved ones / the birds outside
- 12) Take time for you - A walk/ a massage / a bike ride / a walk through the park
- 13) Be thankful for food
- 14) Guard your time - it's one thing money can't buy and you can't get back
- 15) Be the very best you can - aim high, believe in yourself, try and try until you achieve what it is you want -
- A quote from a favorite person of mine -"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison.