Apple Nut Muffins in a RATIONAL SelfCookingCenter
Updated: Nov 25, 2019
In addition to cooking an endless array of dishes, the RATIONAL SelfCookingCenter® is also perfect for baking.
With the SelfCookingCenter®, you can produce your products on demand in no time and also stay efficient, even with small quantities. That is the freshness you and your customers see, smell and taste!
Check out this delicious and easy fall recipe:
4.5 cups all-purpose flour 3 teaspoons baking powder 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon 1.5 teaspoons grated nutmeg 6 large eggs 1.5 cups buttermilk -- or sour cream 12 tablespoons melted unsalted butter 3 cups packed light brown sugar 3 cups peeled, cored, and chopped sweet apples 1.5 cups chopped walnuts
Streusel Topping: 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon finely chopped walnuts 3/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon 6 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1. Preheat the oven on Sweet Baking.
2. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside. Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, and melted butter.
3. Add the sugar and whisk to combine. Add to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the apples and walnuts.
4. Divide the batter among the muffin tin cups, filling each about 2/3 full.
5. To make the streusel topping, in a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and stir until well combined and crumbly.
6. Sprinkle about 1 tablespoon of the crumb mixture over the top of each muffin. Bake until probe inserted into a muffin comes out clean, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and let sit in the muffin tin for 10 minutes.
Turn out onto a wire rack and let cool slightly before serving! Enjoy