- 1) Keep emails under control - read them/ file them/ slate them for follow up/ delete them
- 2) Control your phone - don't let it control you.
- 3) Make a list of things to do every day - Star the ones you must do before leaving office
- 4) Use the 80/20 rule - Get rid of the 80% of paperwork/ clothing/ filing that you don't need
- 5) Say my pleasure instead of no problem - it sounds so much nicer
- 6) Write a note to someone
- 7) Stick $20 a week in an envelope and forget about it - you'll have $1040 at the end of the year
- 8) Read a book
- 9) Take a course
- 10) Find someone to mentor
- 11) Listen - to your children/ employees /loved ones / the birds outside
- 12) Take time for you - A walk/ a massage / a bike ride / a walk through the park
- 13) Be thankful for food
- 14) Guard your time - it's one thing money can't buy and you can't get back
- 15) Be the very best you can - aim high, believe in yourself, try and try until you achieve what it is you want -
- A quote from a favorite person of mine -"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas Edison.
Come visit us at the International Hotel/Motel and Restaurant show located at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC.
Visit the link to the shows interactive web page here:
Be a guest of Tri-State Marketing - Call our office for a free pass
Woodstone offers a variety of finishes, options, and sizes to make your place of business as different as you are. Our new designer series offers customization to meet the needs of chefs and their varied menus.
New Products, such as the Josper, offers a specialty charlcoal broiler that cooks meats, such as steak and chicken, with flavors and authenticity difficult to duplicate elsewhere.
Looking to make your food outstanding? Look no further than Woodstone.
A 15 pound!
Follett's new 15 pound ice machine has the same sleek look as the 7 pound along with the popular drainless feature, but its little extra height gives this model the ability to store 15 pounds of chewblet ice.
Today, ice is no longer a convenience, it's a neccesity. New Kurig options, such as, Snapple Ice Tea require ice as part of the brewing process as well as the growing demand for ice coffee. Follett also delivers clean, sanitary ice, which is a paramount concern in today's workplace.
Thinking Ice? Consider these Follett features:
– only 22.5” (57.2 cm) tall and 14.62” (37.1 cm) wide to conserve counter
- no drain is required, you can place the 15 Series anywhere there are water
and electric utilities
– capacitive touch dispensing eliminates direct contact with ice
– energy and water consumption is less than similar sized cube type ice
– stylish design complements any work space
– Agion® antimicrobial treatment¹ of critical components inhibits bacteria
and biofilm growth on the treated surface
– consumer preferred Chewblet ice and optional filtration provide high
taaryiilsot t as ce. slsndnd
We recently visited Three Guys From Brooklyn to witness the savings they realized when installing Waste to Water's machines. Starting with one, they are now up to four machines. The room is remarkably clean, dry, and odor free. Even with the lid up, all that you can smell is the last product that went in, this case oranges.
These machines, available in three sizes, take organic waste and turn it into water - in 24 hours.
Regulations in NYC - water must be drained into a grease trap.
This account has seen savings of over $14,000 a month with these machines and with newer, tighter and more expensive waste regulations coming the savings will be even greater.
This is one purchase that makes perfect cents!
When induction cookers were introduced some years back they were somewhat troublesome. You had to use very specific cookware (you still need induction cookware but the cookers have become much more forgiving), it was expensive and misunderstood.
Fast forward to 2013 and induction is everywhere: front of the house, back of the house and now even in small items like soup warmers.
In Europe, ranges that only feature induction, are being referred to as "cold ranges". This is because induction is very efficient, using nearly all of its energy for cooking and transferring very little of it to the kitchen.
Induction is accurate, giving the chef a greater control on the temperatures he is trying to maintain.
This new soup warmer from Vollrath, is a game changer:
Induction heating means no water required, faster retherm times and better temperature control
Digital controls set temperatures in F and C, or use presets for SOUP, CSOUP, CHILI, MAC & CHEESE
Includes Vollrath induction ready inserts and cover
click here to see this item on Vollrath's website
In the aftermath of SuperStorm Sandy, the National Restaurant Association has posted tips for restaurant insurance.
East Coast operators affected by the recent hurricane and snowstorms can follow a few basic steps to make the insurance-claims process easier, according to a recent client alert from the insurance recovery experts at the Pillsbury law firm.
Compliments from Foodservice Equipment Magazine as passed on by the National Restaurant Association: